Monday, October 20, 2008

808s & Heartbreak news


Kanye West visits Big Boy's Neighborhood from qdeezy on Vimeo.


Kanye West’s creativity may come from Left Field, but the Def Jam star wants it to be known that he’s not coming from too far out with his new album, 808’s & Heartbreaks.

‘Ye said the project isn’t avant-garde. He’s jut trying to make the best music he can make. And if it’s with Auto-Tune, it’s with Auto-Tune.

“I’m not doing this to only have two people have this in their car,” the rapper told radio jock Big Boy. “I’m doing this to make the most incredible album you’ve ever heard.

“And if it’s not that, I’ll go in the studio and make another one,” he finished.


West explained he chose to neither rap or sing on the album. The music dictated what he did and he just wants to embed the feeling into listener’s souls.

“I’m about to express myself in melody,” he said. “And have it be a fine lie where you don’t know if its rapping or what it is. It’s just necessary at the time. Whatever the beat makes me do.”

The rapper also confirmed “Coldest Winter” was dedicated to his mother, the late Dr. Donde West. The elder West died unexpectedly from complications suffered from a cosmetic surgery. West hasn’t granted many interviews since her passing, but has become more public with his life again as he begins to promote his album due in November.—LaTisha Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I'm From

My photo
White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, United States