Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Now thats it has happened.

First, I would like to congratulate our 44th President of the United States of America...Mr. Barack Hussein Obama II.

"I look forward confidently to the day when all who work for a living will be one with no thought to their separateness as Negroes, Jews, Italians or any other distinctions. This will be the day when we bring into full realization the American dream -- a dream yet unfulfilled. A dream of equality of opportunity, of privilege and property widely distributed; a dream of a land where men will not take necessities from the many to give luxuries to the few; a dream of a land where men will not argue that the color of a man's skin determines the content of his character; a dream of a nation where all our gifts and resources are held not for ourselves alone, but as instruments of service for the rest of humanity; the dream of a country where every man will respect the dignity and worth of the human personality." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

The bolded part of this quote is where my rant is about to come from. Why do we have to be proud because he is black? He is half white also, but I never hear that side of the story. Why can we not celebrate the fact that we have a good hearted, trustworthy, inspiring man as Commander-in-Cheif as our leader now. This man is not about race, gender, and so on... This man represents the change within all of us. I feel spiritually connected with this man, no matter his race or gender. So people of America, can we stop the talk of FIRST BLACK MAN, whether good or bad talks. Lets be glad we have someone in office who appears to care about us.

Dear President Obama;

Your words motivate me. Your voice touches me. Your messages inspire me. With my hope, i trust...with you and the help of my self, YOUR ACTIONS in office, and as a person will not just motivate, touch, or inspire me...but your actions with mine will change me. Will change the way we all live.

Yes We Did,
Victor Slate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I'm From

My photo
White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, United States